Sunday, October 10, 2010

One of the best weeks

This week has been incredible. Cheesy, I know. Not only has work been going really well, but also received news that we were approved for a house. When Sarah called me at work to tell me the news, I was literally speechless! I couldn't say anything, which if you know me, is not easy! My eyes were watering and it was some of the happiest news I've ever received. I know for some, just renting a house is not a big deal, but having only moved out for a short stint 5 years ago, it's a big deal to me. Ha. And the fact that it's such an adorable house makes it all the better. Really though, you'll agree when you see pictures soon. 2 stories, 4 bedroom, 3 baths...and the roomies are some of the best! Sarah Gilbert, Chelsey Oliver, and Ali Blackburn.

Don't even worry that I've spent hours and hours already shopping around online for bedroom furniture and bedding, curtains, dressers, chairs, lamps, you name it. It's all picked out. It will take some time to buy it all, but once finished it will be so great!

On a more sad note, us moving out October 22 came as qutie a shock since we had planned to move out at the end of November originally. But long story short, Sarah and I have to postpone our NYC trip we had planned. Financially, it will be too much at one time. So we're pushing it back until December. But it will be nice to take a vaca after setting up the house for sure.

To celebrate our new found freedom, the girls and I went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner and swung by Target afterward for sparkling apple cider and plastic wine glasses. Well, we were told that apple cider is only seasonal so we had to settle for sparkling white grape. We had plans to drive to the new house, sit outside facing it while having a toast and write down all kinds of exciting plans/rules we had. Sounds almost poetic right? Well the sparkling white grape had a plastic cork that almsot hit me in the eye while trying to open it, and we were almost positive the non-alcoholic sparkling soda had alcohol. It literally smelled like champagne and if you would have seen us laughing and joking, and knocking glasses, you would have sworn we were drunk. I know the 10+ cars that passed by thought we were. It was so much fun though and set the mood for the year we'll spend together. I'm so excited I can't contain it. More updates to come about our life at "The Bungalow"!

1 comment: